The Military College of South Carolina
give online buttongive online button apply now buttonapply now button

F-1 Student Employment

The following are types of employment available to F-1 students under INS regulations. According to the regulations, a student must not work in the United States, unless the employment is specifically authorized under the following categories:

  • On-Campus Employment
  • Practical Training (curricular and optional practical training)
  • Severe Economic Hardship
  • Special Student Relief Program
  • Employment Sponsored by International Organizations

INS requires that all students seeking employment must be currently maintaining a valid F-1 status. A student who is "out of status" is not eligible for any F-1 employment benefits.

For more detailed information on the types of employment please see the International Student Handbook p.5-7.

Back to Top