The Military College of South Carolina
give online buttongive online button apply now buttonapply now button



If you are planning on traveling outside of the United States during your time at The Citadel, you should make sure that you carry the following documents with you:

• Valid/Unexpired Passport
• Unexpired visa for reentry to the US
• I-94 Card
• I-20 signed on the back by the International Student Advisor
• Valid visitor's visa for the country you wish to visit (if applicable).

To obtain visa information on the country you wish to visit go to Foreign Embassies of Washington D.C.

Visa Renewal

If your visa has expired you will have to obtain a new one from the US Embassy or Consulate in your home country. To renew your visa at a US Embassy or Consulate you will need to have the following documents:

• A new I-20 form obtained from the Office of International Studies
• "Visa Renewal Letter" obtained from the Office of International Studies
• Updated financial statement of your ability to meet educational and living expenses 
• Intention to reenter the US for educational purposes only, and that you intend to depart at the completion of your studies 
• Proof of a residence outside the U.S. that you will return to upon completion of studies
Please note that it is not possible to obtain a new F-1 visa inside of the United States.

For more information on traveling and packing tips please see the International Student Handbook p.12-16.

Back to Top