The Military College of South Carolina
give online buttongive online button apply now buttonapply now button



Eligibility: In order to be eligible to study abroad for a semester/year, students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 and be granted approval by the Office of MSSIS.

Contact your faculty advisor to discuss course selection. Discuss with your advisor the courses offered by your particular study abroad program. Remember that you will need to take study abroad courses that allow you to fulfill the course requirements for your major and for graduation. All courses will need to be preapproved prior to your departure.

**Get preapproval for all classes on the "Application to Take Courses At Another College Form." Each course that you choose must have departmental approval from the Department Head responsible for that course.

** Students participating in study abroad programs offered by an independent program provider are required to submit this form.

Complete all forms and return to the Office of MSSIS for Director's approval (approval process takes about 1-2 days).

Contact the Financial Aid Office if you are a receiving financial aid of any kind. Citadel Scholarships, Military Contract Scholarships, etc. Some financial aid can be used for study abroad. Contact Col. Fuller for all questions related to financial aid.

Once you have received approval from the Office of MSSIS, you will be able to apply to the study abroad program of your choice. Be aware of application deadlines for your particular study abroad program. Apply in a timely manner so that you do not have to pay late application fees.

Begin passport application process. Application forms and passport information is available in the Office of International Studies and on-line.


Visa Information: If the study abroad program you will be participating in does not provide information on obtaining a "study visa" for your country of choice go to Foreign Embassies of Washington D.C. Be sure to determine when you will need your visa and allow for appropriate time as it can be a long process.

**Students who intend on studying abroad for a semester in Spain, Italy, or France:

Apply early for your visas as a personal appointment with the consulate is required**

Study Abroad Forms to Completed and Returned to The Office of Multicultural Student Services & International Education


Semester Abroad/Exchanges
Citadel Summer Programs Abroad
Back to Top