Senior Leadership Integration Seminar (SLIS)
LDRS 411: Senior Leadership Integration Seminar
The LDRS 411 Senior Leadership Integration Seminar is an off-campus, full-day professional development seminar during which cadets reflect upon the value of their character and leadership lessons learned at The Citadel. Cadets engage with career professionals and Citadel faculty facilitators to discuss how they will apply their academic disciplines and Leader Development Program education as an effective principled leader after graduation. Cadets consider their duty as Citadel graduates to make a positive, lasting impact in their workplaces and communities. Each student will complete a final essay submitted to their E-Leadership Portfolio in which they apply the ethical dilemma recognition/categorization/resolution process learned in LDRS 111 and the Moral Courage evaluation process learned in LDRS 311 to provide a solution to an ethical dilemma in their field of study.
Uniform is Blazer.
- Morning Session: Transition and Introspection
- Host Organization or Profession Orientation--Mission/Vision, Core Values and Professional Development
- Professional Break-out Topics
- Guest Speaker
- Afternoon Session: Reflect and Engage
- Cadet Leading/Serving Experiences: Resume, Academic & Leadership Transcripts
- The Importance of Mentors & Networking
- Career Path Discussion with Professional Leaders and/or Citadel Graduates
Click Here to view the LDRS 411 WORKBOOK.
Click to view seminar host organizations/companies and locations.