Petty Cash Reimbursements
Small supply expenditures by Citadel faculty or staff, or funding for cadet travel, may be reimbursed through the petty cash system. The following guidelines apply to our petty cash process:
- The individual requesting reimbursement must complete a Petty Cash Reimbursement Form and sign the form.
- The correct 6 digit index number and 6 digit account number must be included on the Petty Cash Reimbursement Form.
- The form must then be signed by the department head or Vice President (original signatures only – no signature stamps).
- The completed, signed form and all documentation should be taken to the Treasurer’s Office for reimbursement
- Limit is $250
- Unless Cadet Travel
- Original, itemized receipts that clearly show items purchased and proof of payment must be attached to the Petty Cash Reimbursement Form. Credit card charge slips alone are not proper documentation for these expenses.
- Reimbursements for food or meals are only permitted for cadet food or meals.
- If reimbursement is for more than one individual, each individual receiving cash must sign the form.
- No travel or entertainment expenses may be processed through petty cash.
- Cadet travel advances must be settled in a timely manner – at least within a week of return from the trip. The department may not be able to request another advance until all advances are settled.