The Military College of South Carolina
give online buttongive online button apply now buttonapply now button

Paying Travel Expenses

Once you have your travel approval, decide how you want to pay. You have a choice of using your personal credit card or the college can pre-pay airfare, registrations and hotel accommodations. Reimbursement for meals and miscellaneous expenses occur when you return. Remember - you must obtain a Travel Authorization Number before any travel items can be paid for.

Here are a few money tips:

  • PREPAY airfare and registration by completing a Purchase Requisition (PR) or using the departmental Purchasing Card. Hotel expenses are to be paid by Purchase Requisition only.
  • EARLY REIMBURSEMENT: Use this to get reimbursed before your trip for airfare and registrations bought with your personal check or credit card. Complete a travel reimbursement document and attach receipts.
  • Travel ADVANCE: If 80% of your expected meal and lodging expense is over $250, you may get a travel advance. Advances will not be provided more than 15 days prior to travel. Use a travel reimbursement document to request an advance.
Back to Top