The Military College of South Carolina
give online buttongive online button apply now buttonapply now button

Miscellaneous Expenses

While traveling, you will spend money for other things than your airfare, conference registration, lodging, meals and car rental.  The college reimburses you for some of these miscellaneous expenses.  It's usually best to be aware of what is  and is not reimbursable before you spend your money and run the risk of discovering that the college, by law, cannot pay you.

Before you travel, review the list below and the Non-reimbursable Expense List.  Contact the Accounts Payable Office (953-5026) if you have particular concerns about extra expenses.

Receipts for Miscellaneous Expenses

  • Save receipts for expenses over $25.00.  You may attach them to your Travel Reimbursement Document to be reimbursed.
  • Make notes of expenses less than $25.00, or save those receipts, too.  You do not need to submit these receipts to be reimbursed, but a written explanation should be included with your TRD.

Some of the Miscellaneous Reimbursable Expenses

The following lists some of the most common reimbursable expenses:

  • Getting around
    • Parking
    • Bridge and ferry tolls
    • Sky caps, porters, or car rentals if you have equipment or extra luggage specifically related to  the purpose of the trip
  • Special care needs
    • Personal care attendant fees and travel expenses for disability accommodations
  • Communications
    • One brief telephone call to your family per night, and all business calls
    • Connecting modems for your laptop PC's
Back to Top