The Military College of South Carolina
give online buttongive online button apply now buttonapply now button

Foreign Travel

(Outside United States, Canada and Puerto Rico)

The Foreign travel process is almost identical to the process for domestic travel. You should note the following:

  • Meal reimbursements can be actual expenses or the Federal per diem rate. Receipts are required for actual expenses.
  • Travel advances may be obtained for 80% of all of your estimated expenses as listed on your Travel Authorization Form. Use a travel reimbursement document to request an advance. Advances will not be provided more than 15 days prior to travel.

Any money the college gives you in advance of your trip is in U.S. dollars, and any money it reimburses you after the trip is also in U.S. dollars. You are responsible for exchanging those dollars for the currency of the foreign country you visit.

Keep track of the exchange rates as you travel. Complete your TRD when you return as you would for domestic travel and document the source for the exchange rates you used (e.g., Wall Street Journal).

Back to Top